Sherlock is a popular cybersecurity tool that helps in hunting down social media accounts in an OSINT investigation. It is a free and open-source tool/script that can be used on any device including Android. So, lets try to install and use Sherlock in Termux on Android device.
To hunt down social media accounts using Sherlock we need the following things:
- Termux(Terminal application for Android)
- Python 3
- Python Package Installer (PIP)
How to Install and Use Sherlock in Termux
To install and use Sherlock in Termux follow these steps:
1. Install Python3 in Termux
To run Sherlock, we need Python to be installed. You can install Python in Termux by entering the following command.
pkg install python
2. Install git in Termux
We need git to clone the github repository in Termux. Let’s install it by entering the following command in Termux.
pkg install git
3. Clone Sherlock GitHub Repo
To start with Sherlock, we need to clone GitHub repo of Sherlock. To do that enter following command in Termux.
git clone https://github.com/sherlock-project/sherlock.git
4. Change Directory in Termux
After cloning repo, you need to change current working directory. To do that we use cd, so enter following command.
5. Install Package Requirements
After switching the directory we need to install package requirements. Enter following command to install sherlock requirements.
python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
6. Use Sherlock Script to Hunt Social Media
To use Sherlock script we need to enter the following command along with username.
python3 sherlock.py username1
If you have any doubts or queries then you can ask in comments. Do checkout our Telegram channel for exclusion content on Termux and cyber security.
- Instagram adding option to show creator category on profile - May 15, 2021
- Twitter working to add Tip-Jar payment provider for Indian users - May 15, 2021
- Instagram planning to allow Image/Videos in Comments - May 14, 2021