Video Calling became a primary method of communication since the pandemic started and people were quarantined in their homes. People are using it to communicate with their friends, family, and everyone else. Students are using the video calling feature to attend their online lectures. The apps like Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom are helping us to work from home and attend meetings.
Google Duo is a free application developed for high-quality video calling. It was one of the most pushed products by Google. But since the pandemic started, Google started focusing more on Google Meet and hasn’t added any major update to the Google Duo app.
Google Duo is a popular video calling app with over 1 Billion users on Android. It is also available for iOS users, and you can make video calls with up to 32 people.
Google Duo Redesigned homescreen features “New Call” button
After receiving a lot of feedback from community members, Google dropped their latest update on 15 July 2021. In this latest update, Google revamped the Homescreen design and added a “New Call” button.
The “New Call” button in the Google Duo Redesign will do the following things:
- Google Duo’s New Call button will allow you to Start a call
- The New Call button will also help you to create a group in Google Duo
- You can also see groups and contacts lists and call your smart home devices
Google also removed few options in this new Google Duo Redesigned app. You can use these features even after the Google Duo redesigned home screen. Here’s how to:
- If you want to send a message in the new Google Duo Redesigned app, open a chat or tap the “New Call” button and choose a chat to send.
- You can also create a group to send a message to multiple people.
- Contacts are also moved under the “New Call” button, you can access the Google Duo contacts list from there.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates regarding Android and Google.