Are you trying to delete Chess.com account? I am sharing this guide to delete Chess.com account quickly.
Chess.com is an online chess platform that allows players from around the globe to play together. It has also been used for organizing global-level chess championships and tournaments. You can also play with bots of chess champions like Vishwanathan Anand, Vidit Gujrati, and Hikaru Nakamura.
Features of Chess.com:
- Play with global players: Chess.com brings you chess players from around the world to help you compete with them and learn their tactics.
- Play with Friends: If you’re away from your friends, you can join them in your friend list and play chess with them.
- Chess Game analysis: After you finish a chess game, the platform provides a detailed analysis report. It can be helpful for you to learn and avoid mistakes.
What happens when you close your chess.com account?
Before you start following the tutorial and delete Chess.com account, let’s understand what happens when you close your chess.com account.
- Chess.com will delete all of your data from their servers.
- After deleting Chess.com account, you won’t be able to use the same username that you’ve used previously to create a new Chess.com account.
- Chess.com will not send any communication or promotional emails to your email address.
How to Delete Chess.com Account?
Here are the steps to delete Chess.com account:
- Login to Chess.com: First, you need to log in to your Chess.com account on your favorite browser.
- Go to Chess.com Profile: After logging into your Chess.com account, you need to open the Profile section. You can open the Chess.com profile by hovering over the gear icon at the top-right corner and clicking on the Profile option.
- Go to the Manage Account section: In the Chess.com Profile section, scroll down and click on the “Manage Account” link at the bottom right corner to open the Manage Account section.
- Click on Close Account: After opening the Manage Account section, you’ll need to click on the “Close Account” button to delete Chess.com account.
- Choose the reason and click Close My Account: You’ll be presented with a list of reasons to choose from while closing an account. You can choose any reason, click “Close My Account”, and successfully delete Chess.com account.
Note: Once you delete Chess.com account, you won’t be able to recover your ratings and anything else related to your account.
How to Delete Chess.com Account on Phone?
Here are the steps to delete Chess.com account on your phone:
- Login to Chess.com App on Phone: First, you need to open Chess.com app on your Android or iOS phone and log in to your Chess.com account.
- Navigate to More > Chess.com settings: After logging into your Chess.com account, you must navigate to Chess.com Settings. You can navigate to the Settings section by clicking on the More option and then Settings.
- Open Chess.com Account settings: In the Chess.com Settings section, click on the Account option to navigate to Chess.com account settings.
- Delete Chess.com Account: In the Chess.com Account settings, scroll a bit and click on the “tap here” button next to “close your account” to delete Chess.com account. After you click on the “tap here” link, you’ll be asked to Choose a web browser and click on the “Close Account” button.
- Choose a reason and delete Account: Finally, choose a reason from the list of reasons and click on the “Close My Account” button to delete your Chess.com account.
Found this tutorial to delete Chess.com account helpful? If you do, then please share this article with others on social media and public forums like Reddit. If you face any issues, please comment down your questions, and I will answer as soon as possible.