Bromite is a fork of the Chromium browser project, which adds ad-blocking features and enhanced privacy and security options. It is a completely open-source project and the source code is available on Github.
What are the new features of Bromite?
- Horizontal tab switcher: A user reported that according to README, there must be a horizontal tab switcher flag in chrome://flags but its wasn’t released in the previous update. So, they introduced the Horizon Tab Switcher flag in this new update.
- Proxy Settings fixed: There was a bug in Proxy settings that are fixed to allow users to add a custom proxy in Proxy Configuration Settings.
- Disable Feeds: Toggle to Disable Feeds, was a patch added to the previous release, but it wasn’t working so, they fixed it in this new release.
- Flag to Disable HTTP requests: In this new update, a flag is added to disable all HTTP requests.
Download Bromite for Android
Changelog for Bromite v90.0.4430.92:
- restore horizontal tab switcher feature (fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/1077)
- fix a couple of bugs in proxy saving UI (thanks to @uazo, fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/1072)
- disable feeds V2 toggle (fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/1070)
- allow fetching field trials from flags (thanks to @uazo, fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/1021)
- add AllowUserCertificates flag (thanks to @uazo, fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/921)
- add IsCleartextPermitted flag (thanks to @uazo, fixes https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/1068)