So, if you wish to use something similar to Audacity, I am providing you the list of Best Audacity alternatives for Android users. You can get the quality of Audacity on these 5 best Audacity alternatives for Android users. These apps will allow you to edit audio and work similar to Audacity software but for Android devices. It doesn’t require any special hardware or something else but having a good microphone while recording audio is always better.
Note: We are not affiliated with any of these applications. The list is based on our experience, we’ve tried every app and found these 5 the best and they are ranked on the basis of our test results.
If you wish to record your voice for YouTube videos or podcasts using your Android phone then these Audacity alternatives for Android users are a must for you. You can use them to record your audio and then edit to make it smoother and reduce background noises.
Let’s have a look at the list of best Audacity alternatives for Android users to edit and reduce background noise from audio.
List of Best Audacity Alternatives for Android
These Audacity alternatives for Android will help you in editing the recorded audio as well as live edit while recording with presets. So, have a look at the list:
1. Dolby On – Best Audacity Alternatives for Android
Dolby On is one of the simplest audio recording/editing app for Android users. It doesn’t require any expertise to edit audio and improve the quality. It is an audio recording app developer by Dolby. You can simply install the Dolby On app from Play Store. After installing you can start right away by choosing the options as per your preferences. We ranked it number one in the list of best Audacity alternatives for Android.
You get the following audio options to improve the overall audio quality.
Features of Dolby On:
- Noise Reduction
- Dynamic EQ
- Stereo Widening
- Volume Maximization
- Easy Fades
Dolby One allows you to create animated videos out of your audio recording and edited audio. You can select different video templates or import your own video to add audio to it. It can be a great tool for people who want to upload podcasts as videos on platforms like YouTube and Instagram’s IGTV.
2. WavePad Audio Editor
WavePad Audio Editor Free is a full-featured professional audio and sound editing software program for Android. Create a recording, edit it, add effects, and share it with others. It is possible to record and edit music, speeches, and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy, and paste portions of recordings when editing audio files, and then add effects like echo, amplification, and noise reduction. WavePad Audio Editor is one of the best Audacity alternatives for Android.
WavePad Audio Editor is an easy-to-use, fast, and feature-rich audio editor for Windows. With its intuitive interface and wide range of powerful tools, you can record, edit, enhance and share audio and music files. It’s the perfect tool for anyone who needs to quickly create great-sounding audio content.
It supports a variety of audio formats, including MP3, WAV (PCM), WAV (GSM), AIFF, AU, and others. The sound editing tools include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim, compression, pitch-shifting, and more. It also has audio effects like amplify, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, and many more. And, it has audio restoration features like noise reduction and clicks pop removal. The library contains hundreds of sound effects and royalty-free music clips.
Features of WavePad Audio Editor:
- MP3, WAV (PCM), WAV (GSM), and AIFF are among the file formats supported.
- Cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silent, auto-trim, compression, pitch shifting, and other sound editing capabilities are available.
- Amplify, normalise, equalise, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, and many more audio effects are available.
- Noise reduction and click pop removal are among the audio restoration capabilities.
- Sample rates of 6 to 192kHz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits are supported.
- You’ll be using non-destructive audio editing in minutes thanks to the simple UI.
- Hundreds of sound effects and royalty-free music clips are included in the sound effect collection.
3. Lexis Audio Editor
Lexis Audio Editor allows you to record audio and add it to existing audio tracks, as well as merge tracks and cut and paste any portion of them, allowing you to create exactly the music you want. In addition, you can use the app’s ten-band equalization to change the playing speed, tone, and a variety of other sound quality settings. Lexis Audio Editor is another in our list of best Audacity alternatives for Android.
Features of Lexis Audio Editor:
- Player and recorder
- Copy, cut, and paste
- Trim, delete, insert quiet, fade in, fade out
- Noise reduction and normalization
- Record into an existing file, then import the file into the existing file.
- combines the current file with another
- Equalizer with ten bands
- Alter the tempo, speed, and pitch.
- Audio formats include mp3 (-320kb/s), wav (16 Bit PCM), flac, m4a, aac, and wma, while video formats include mp4, 3gp, and 3g2.
4. WaveEditor for Android™
WaveEditor Audio Recorder & Editor is essentially a mobile recording app that allows you to create professional recordings of any sounds by utilizing the built-in microphone on your smartphone or any connected microphone. Because of the app’s sophisticated and handy features, you may experience much higher recording quality. Your recorded sounds will always be much crisper, smoother, and more true. WaveEditor is a premium apps for our list of best Audacity alternatives for Android devices.
At the same time, the app has a built-in sound editor that allows Android users to modify any of their recorded sounds as well as audio files from other sources. Load them into your editor interface and utilize the straightforward choices to help you through the easy editing chores.
Features of WaveEditor for Android:
- WAV or MP3 recording formats for multi-track mixing and editing
- Visual powerful tools (FFT, oscilloscope, spectrogram)
- Import formats supported include 3gp, aac, aif, aifc, aiff, alac, amr, au, caf, flac, htk, iff, m4a, mat4, mat5, mp3, mp4, ogg, paf, pcm, pvf, raw, sd2, sf, snd, svx, voc, w64, wav
- Export formats supported include aiff, flac, mp3, ogg, pcm, and wav.
- Audio recorders, both standalone and in-editor
AudioLab is the most advanced, modern, fast, professional audio editor and ringtone maker on the market, with all the capabilities you could possibly want. It is another best Audacity alternatives on Android for audio editors. Audio Trimming (cut/crop/copy/paste / add silence/fade / undo/redo), Audio Mixing ( Mix Four Audio, Change Speed & Pitch, have all DJ effect options and Filters ), detailed Tag Editing, Audio Merging, Audio Recorder, Audio Converter, Music player, Voice Editor, and many more features… make AudioLab unique. AudioLab is a pretty simple and easy-to-use best Audacity alternative for Android devices.
Features of AudioLab:
- Ringtone Maker MP3 Cutter
- Noise reduction in audio
- Audio Effects Editor
- Normalize Audio
- Speed Changer
- Karaoke Offline
- Silence Removal
- Changing the Channel
- Including Audio in Video
- Add music to your voice
- GIF to Video
Disclaimer: I ranked these apps on my own experience. I tried each of these apps and ranked them on the basis of their performance and tools. We are not affiliated with any of these apps or brands.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates regarding Android and Google. Thanks for reading the article.